Friday bullets, June 26, 2020

Suddenly it is late June, and I don't know how that happened. It was probably focusing on all those birthdays.

  • I have three gallons of strawberries macerating in the refrigerator waiting to be made into jam tomorrow. Macerating is just fancy term for sitting in sugar. 
  • The last two gallons of berries I'm going to make into strawberry lemonade concentrate. This will be new for us, but it sounds really good.
  • G. is still loving her riding lessons. On Tuesday she trotted nearly the entire lesson. Her legs were a little sore by the end.
  • It was so humid today that even the fronts of my shins were sweating at Horse Power today. 
  • I love it when an older child comes up to me and asks if we have a copy of The Great Gatsby.
  • J. figured out how to use the carpet shampooer attachment on our Kirby vacuum today. It makes the carpet look better. Not pristine, but it doesn't look horrible now, either.
  • K. has turned into a lawn mowing fanatic. He loves it. A few days ago he mowed both pastures for me. 
  • Y. is also learning how to mow. There could be battles in the future over who gets to mow the yard.
  • I love a good summer thunder storm, such as we're having right now. Kenzie, not so much.
  • I've posted this in other places, but if you are considering homeschooling in the fall due to uncertainty about what life will look like, I'd be happy to chat with you if you have questions.
  • I get to start my driving lessons again next week.
  • As I'm sitting here thinking about what to write, I'm realizing that it was not a terribly eventful week.
  • I think the significantly increased activity with my various activities opening back up has made me tired. My stamina has not quite caught back up, judging from the fact I took a little snooze in the middle of writing this.
  • I think we have found and returned all the library books we had checked out from the library. There were a lot. And having three months in which they could get lost in the house made me a little nervous.
And that's it. I cannot think of anything else. Maybe next week will be more interesting. Maybe I don't really want 'interesting'. Maybe we should just be content with dull for a change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach