10 things I learned today

1. I can cut-up five pineapples an hour, including taking out each of the little eyes from around the outside.

2. If you spend two hours cutting up pineapples, your hands will start to get sore because of the enzymes in the pineapple.

3. My children love pineapple, and when you deny them the pineapple you are slicing, they will take the leftover ends and eat the bits of edible pineapple off them.

4. This will cause sores around their mouths if this is done for too long.

5. You should really get to the pineapple chopping in the morning, leaving the afternoon free to do the canning. If you don't, you will bump up into dinner preparation where you will not have enough decent burners on your stove to do what you need to do.

6. I miss my good six-burner cook-top. (I didn't actually learn this. I already knew it. I was just reminded of it this afternoon.)

7. Out of nine pineapples, you can get 6 pints of sliced pineapple and 4-1/2 pints of pineapple jam.

8. I am out of practice for long hours of standing in the kitchen and will need to work on my standing stamina.

9. If you ignore your children long enough while also denying them permission to play on tablets, they will eventually find a game that they can agree on.

10. Do not try to make rice on a stupid small burner. (This is also not something I just learned. I first learned this lesson three years ago. I was just reminded of this also.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach