Mondays

Mondays can be tough, especially when you are homeschooling. It is the day that you have to spend reminding everyone of the math they knew on Friday, but seem to have forgotten over the weekend. I will now publicly apologize to my mother for all the text books I threw across the room in frustration during my school years. I do this because I now have a book thrower. I can't really get upset with this particular child because I so deeply understand the rather automatic reaction to throw things in the face of frustration. (Would you think less of me to know that it is still a trait I am trying to out grow? I can still throw things if frustrated enough.) The moment of book throwing passed and life continued. I'm happy to report we all survived the day. I share this mainly to remind everyone who homeschools, both by choice or by circumstance, that not every day of learning goes smoothly and swimmingly. There are bumps along the way, but they pass. I think the key is to remind yourself that whatever is happening at the moment is merely a bump and not get stuck there. Give yourself and your child enough grace to be able to move on. We all, adults and children alike, have moments when we are not at our best. Don't dwell there.

This afternoon, because I was not at my riding lesson, I had a big enough chunk of time to help L. with correcting the spelling on the rest of the written portion of The Swooping Eagle. Having transcribed through chapter 12, she is now ready to move on and write some more of the story. It's a good thing because she has left it at rather a cliff hanger. If you want to read The Swooping Eagle, I have typed out the whole thing, at least as far as it currently goes, along with illustrations. I'll even give you a direct link so you can better access it. The Swooping Eagle  just click on that title to go right to it. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach