Trepidation

R. did not have a good night last night.

Yesterday, right before dinner, it was like someone flipped a switch and suddenly she was right smack dab in the middle of a psychotic episode. It took more than the usual rescue drugs to get her back to somewhat normalcy, but we never quite reached it. At bedtime, she just could not relax, and did her weird lie down in bed, but not let her head touch the pillow with her eyes wide open-thing. Eventually she slept for a little bit, but then had to be moved into our bedroom for the rest of the night. It was not restful. For anyone. Even younger people were walking around like zombies because of the interrupted sleep.

Today she was coherent, but clearly exhausted. It took the emergency seizure meds with me to our co-op just in case. Thankfully I didn't need to use them. But tonight, I'm just not sure what we are in for. She is right now sitting in a huddle on the floor of my bedroom while J. tucks everyone else in, because she wouldn't get in her bed. This is with a little more rescue meds plus her usual sleep medication. I truly don't know how she can still be conscious.

I truly don't want to have to make the drive to the ER tonight, but we will if we have to. I would much rather her just relax enough to go to sleep. With sleep, I think she can do a major reset... as can J. and I. My fear is that her body is acclimating to the rescue meds so that they are losing their effectiveness.

Last summer and fall were so very terrible, I feel more than a little trepidation about all this. Please, pray that we can avoid the ER tonight, that R. will sleep, and that the rescue meds will continue to work.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Praying for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach