Meal Planning, Feb. 24 - March 1, 2020, this time with a brief story at the end

I decided to stick to easy basics for the most part this week. It had been a while for some of these dinners. If you hadn't noticed, I tend not to repeat things more than once a month or so. I get bored easily.

Monday

Macaroni and Cheese
     Homemade, a request from a child
Sauteed spinach
     With garlic and balsamic vinegar

Tuesday

Chili
     Because it's easy and I have a lot of ground beef
Cornbread
     Homemade

Wednesday

BBQ beef sandwiches
     Once again, because I have beef in the freezer. Cooked in the crock pot because Wednesday nights tend to be a little nutty.
Cooked carrots
     With butter and dill

Thursday

Chicken noodle soup
     I found some frozen chicken bones from roast chicken in the freezer, so decided it was a good week to make soup.
Biscuits
     From scratch

Friday

Chicken gyros
     I am totally out of frozen chicken, so will have to buy some as much as it kills me. This dish has Middle Eastern seasoning and is served in pita bread with tomatoes, cucumbers, and yogurt sauce with garlic and dill.
Yellow rice
     From a mix

Saturday

Puglia lamb ragu with wheat
     This is our one new meal this week. I still have a bit of lamb in the freezer, so found a recipe to use the shoulder that I didn't quite know what to do with. This recipe is from Italian Country Cooking.
Salad

Sunday

Spaghetti with sauce and Italian sausage
     Homemade sauce that I simmer the Italian sausage in to cook.
Garlic bread
     Store bought
Salad

_________
L. is writing a book. Yesterday she whipped off four chapters, and I'm not entirely sure how many she has written today. I do know that she has put a character in deathly peril, but is unsure if she has placed this episode too early in the book, because it will much more heart-rending if the readers are fully attached to the character.

In anticipation of the book being completed, L. has written some review blurbs to adorn the cover of her book. Here are two of them:

"A stunning story." - the New York Times

"The characters are so life like. At some parts I felt like hugging Mark and Verren [two of the characters]." - The Horn Book

I checked, and she does indeed know what the New York Times and The Horn Book are. Her story seems to be some Lord of the Rings fan fiction as there are Hobbits, Dwarfs, and Elves. The title of the book is The Swooping Eagle which happens to be the name of the ship where the story is set.

Of course the spelling needs some help, so I anticipate having to carve out an entire afternoon to proofread and correct it. It is already pages and pages long, and she shows no sign of stopping. But since it is a stunning story, it will probably be worth the effort.

This child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach