New to Homeschooling?

I've had a few people sick around here and for the past couple of days I've been feeling iffy. I haven't felt actually bad, but my energy level is low. So low that we actually ordered take-out pizza for dinner last night because when I went to take the chicken out of the refrigerator to start making dinner, I just couldn't. I also cannot really tell you what I did all day today, but it was clearly exhausting based on how I'm currently feeling.

So, I'm going to cheat tonight and post a lot of links. I think winter is starting to wear on people and children are struggling as a result. I've seen more than a few posts in various Facebook groups saying things such as, "Help! I just pulled my child out of school and I don't have any idea what I'm doing!" Something must be in the air.

I've written some on beginning to homeschool, and while I am probably due for another, more recent post about it, it's not going to be tonight. Instead, I did some searching and found some older posts that might be helpful. If you are not a homeschooler and don't plan on being a homeschooler, feel free to move on to something else. I'm sure I'll write about something completely different tomorrow.

This is not all I've written about homeschooling, but it covers the basics. Using the 'homeschooling' tab or going to the Homeschooling page will give you even more results.

How to Begin Homeschooling

Creating a High School Transcript

Homeschooling High School

Dear Frustrated and Reluctant Homeschooler

A Homeschooling Reading List... with annotations

These cover some basics. I'm realizing that my writing on homeschooling high school is pretty thin. It's not because I don't have opinions, either. It's an odd gap in my writing. Here's a question for those who are new to homeschooling or are considering it: What are your questions? What would be more useful to you? What scares the pants off of you? I'd like the posts to address people's actual concerns and not just what I think those concerns are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach