Meal Planning, January 20 - 27, 2020

The past month or so I have found quite a few good deals on meat at the grocery store(s), so have been stocking up. This means my already full freezer has been getting more and more full. When I stuck last week's haul in, I realized I was at capacity and something was going to have to go. So this week's goal was to empty the freezer a bit. This will also make my weekly grocery bill be a very happy number I'm expecting.

Monday

Broiled trout
     I found several trout fillets on sale a while back, so I looked up what to do with them in Fannie Farmer and broiling seems easiest
Sauteed zuchinni
     A. requested this as she has been craving it
Stuffing
     From a box

Tuesday

Lentils and lamb
     I decided to also look up in Fannie Farmer what to do with some of the lamb I have in my freezer, so we're going to try this. Plus, I bought 25 pounds of lentils from the last bulk order, so have plenty of them.
Salad

Wednesday

Ravioli
     Frozen, which I found on sale last week. I have a dinner meeting, so children will be cooking for themselves. The ravioli is frozen and the sauce is from a jar. They could do more, but this will make it easy for them.
French bread
     Also store bought

Thursday

Pork chops and apples in mustard sauce
     When I was at Costco last time, they had pork chops super marked down. I don't normally buy meat there as it's not any cheaper then other places I shop, you just get more, but this was a good deal. Once again, Fanny Farmer to the rescue.
Egg noodles
Salad

Friday

Green chicken curry
     This is another family stand by... chicken, green beans, onions, green curry paste. It's really good.
Dumplings
     Also found on sale last week. Do you see a theme this week?
Jasmine rice

Saturday

Baked ham
     This has been in my freezer since Aldi had hams on sale before Christmas. It is time for it to give up some of its space.
Sweet potatoes
     Baked in the oven
Applesauce
     As much as it pains me, this will be store bought. I need to get back on the apple sauce wagon next fall because I just don't care for store bought sauce that much anymore.

Sunday

Split pea soup with ham
     Because when you have a ham bone, you have to make split pea soup.
Biscuits
     From scratch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach