Meal Planning: Dec. 12 - Dec. 18

I have no idea if people find this helpful or interesting, but it's an easy blog post, so here it is. This was an easier week than usual to plan because so many of our weekly activities have stopped for the holidays that it gives me more time to prepare more time intensive food.

Thursday

Roasted fall vegetable soup
     This is a favorite of the whole family, and pretty much is just a huge bowl of vegetables. If you haven't tried it, you should. Even my people who don't like squash have seconds.
Garlic bread
     I was going to make French bread to go with this, but discovered some French rolls leftover from the Italian beef sandwiches we had last week. So, they got repurposed as both garlic bread and croutons for the soup.

Friday

Pork stir-fry with snow peas
     This is a new recipe. I had frozen pork tenderloin and knew I could get snow peas at one of the stores I shop at, so seemed worth a try. Looking at the ingredients, though, I can tell it will be bland. I'll be adding some spicy black bean paste as a minimum to make it taste more interesting. Just throwing some soy sauce on a stir-fry just doesn't cut it for us anymore.
Jasmine rice
Eggrolls
     Store bought

Saturday

Meatloaf
     K. has been after me to make this for several weeks, so this is his week. I actually think having leftover meatloaf for meatloaf sandwiches is the real reason to serve meatloaf for dinner.
Mashed potatoes
     Real, not from a box. Do I need to mention that?
Salad

Sunday

Slow-cooked lasagna soup
     Another new recipe. I think we'll be using a different pasta rather than broken up lasagna noodles, mainly because Aldi didn't have regular lasagna noodles and I have other pasta.

Monday

Red beans and rice
     This is a recipe that is in the rotation fairly often. It's easy, inexpensive, and people eat it.
Cornbread
      From scratch

Tuesday

Coq au vin
     This is what we had for our French dinner last year. It was do good and not too hard that it seemed time to have it again.
French bread
     From the dough I keep in the refrigerator

Wednesday

Pizza with caramelized onions and crispy bacon
     It's been a while since I made this, and I don't quite know why because it is really good. I make the pizza dough in batches of eight, use four and freeze four. It has marscapone cheese as the base layer instead of a tomato-based sauce. The onions and bacon go on top of that with mozzeralla cheese over all.
Salad
     You need something to make the meal vaguely healthy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach