How about Sunday bullets?

So I'm still catching up it seems, though really only on the blog because everything else feels under control. So that's something.

  • We had our good friends the M. Family and the W. Family out for dinner tonight. We got to catch up and see people we don't get to see very often. It was great fun. This is the worst part of moving away... not being able to see good friends more regularly.
  • Except for gift wrapping, I think I have everything under control for Christmas. I have never felt this relaxed this close. Either I have finally hit my stride or I am forgetting something pretty significant. I'm going with the former.
  • G. has made stockings for the horses. The only thing I did was to help make the pattern and write out the names so she could embroider them. She did everything else. They are now hung up in the barn waiting for Christmas morning.


  • Because of how our church structures Christmas services, we didn't go to church this morning since we Will be going on Christmas Eve. Instead, we stayed home and people decorated gingerbread men. (Pictures were really difficult to take because of the sun shining in the dining room window.)




Panda by G.
  • It's a good thing we are listening to a lot of Christmas music. I have evidently heard and seen Beauty and the Beast just a few too many times because ever since we say the show, I have been having the soundtrack running perpetually through my head. I really, really need Belle to just stop singing. Listening to something else helps.
  • I finished G.'s Easter dress yesterday. Yes, you read that right. I had made her a dress for last Easter, but when it was nearly all constructed, I had it try it on to double check sizing, and she hated it. Well, specifically she hated how the sleeves were designed. Having spent several hours on it, I was then frustrated, and we found something else for her to wear. I'd been thinking about that dress, so suggested to her that it would work for Christmas, and I thought I could alter the sleeves so that she would like them. She agreed to let me try. I am happy to report I was successful and that she now likes the dress. I'll get a picture of it on Christmas Eve for you.
  • I also trimmed H. and R.'s hair today. Both of their hair had gotten long, and R.'s bangs were in her face. H. really, really loves having long hair, so was less than excited about me trimming it, but the ends were really in bad shape. I managed to convince her to let me trim it and I cut up a good five inches. It is still long, but looks so much better. I cut off the same amount on R., and I think it will be a much more manageable length for her. Once again, pictures will have to come later.
  • I've decided I really love scented candles. It makes my children laugh because I've never really liked them before.
And with that, it's late, and I'm going to bed. Holiday baking starts tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach