Fall break

We are on fall break this week. When I was doing the planning, I knew that K. had an orthodontist appointment on the 14th, and since it was in Chicago, I knew it was going to be a multi-hour extravaganza. I also knew from experience, that I would be ready for a short break about this time, too. Boy, was I right.

We've managed to keep up with our schedule, but a fact that most non-homeschoolers don't know is that it is nearly impossible to keep up with house stuff while homeschooling. Even those of us who are pretty relaxed with our schedule find it challenging to do both homeschooling and house. There just isn't time. So that coupled with the fact that you are using your house all the time, adding to the chaos, makes it even more difficult.

This is where I was at last Friday, but then I was gone all day Saturday, Sunday was busy getting ready for H.'s party, and yesterday I was gone all day again at K.'s orthodontist appointment and visiting a dear friend. Do you have any idea what my house is currently like? Not tidy, that's for sure. There are also various clothing and underwear crises that need to be addressed as well due to the laundry piling up. The next three days I am happily going to focus on getting life back under control.

I will be a much more pleasant person come next Monday. I do not function well in untidy chaos. I have felt myself getting crotchetier and crotchetier when I look around the house. It is taking far more of my energy than I like to spend to maintain some semblance of calm when so many things around me need my attention.

Fall break, now that I finally get to enjoy it, is a very good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach