Thankful for credit card points

I'm back in town from a very quick trip to Arizona. My mother had become seriously ill and had been admitted to the hospital, so my brother and I got plane tickets (thanks to the credit card points from our trip to Europe earlier this year) and flew out Friday night. Our weekend was spent in the hospital with our mom. (It was 108 degrees outside on Saturday, so being inside was a bit more appealing regardless of where we were.)

She is still in the hospital, but doing much better. They now have a handle on what was going on, and though it will be a long recovery, she ended up with a darn good scenario all things considering. Since my brother and I no longer live near her, we are feeling particularly blessed that she has some very, very good friends who are filling in for when we cannot be there.

So that was my weekend. I arrived home about 1am last night (or this morning), so it was a short night. I'm pretty pooped, and actually fell asleep while I was sitting down after I read our tea time story. (I rarely fall asleep during the day.) And now, since I'm about to fall asleep again and because we have our first co-op meeting tomorrow (and thus an early start to the morning), I'm going to leave this post here.

Good night, All!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach