More newness

We may not have started school yet, but school has certainly begun for some around here.

Yesterday, M. began classes in the Vet Tech program. I have no idea how things are going since I have not seen, much less spoken with, M. since Sunday night. While it's great that M. can still work at the shelter clinic while in school, going from work to night classes is tough. I'll probably hear on Thursday how things are going.

Today, D. started classes at J.'s school. He leaves with J. in the morning, takes his classes and entertains himself for the rest of the day, and comes home with J. at the end of the work day. It sounds as though things went well today, and D. is feeling confident.

The other new thing that happened today was that I took the younger half of my children and we did our first activity with the co-op we are joining this fall. If you know me in real life, this might be more than a little surprising to you; I'm really not much of an organized (rather than small and home-grown) co-op person. But when our good friends had an unexpected cross-country move, it kind of rocked my world a little bit. It's never fun to have good friends move away, but when those good friends are pretty much one of your big social anchors when you still feel as though you are navigating new waters, well, it's tough. I knew we had to do something different because the status quo just wasn't working.

In the meantime, I had met one of our neighbors down the road who also homeschools. (It's a longish road that is not terribly walkable, so not surprising we hadn't run into each other before.) I learned that she was a long time member of a co-op that she loved and which was enrichment based, rather than academic based. This sounded intriguing.

Well, long story short, we visited last spring and decided to try it out for the school year. Each child (TM, H., K., Y., G., and L.) are each taking two classes which they are pretty excited about. The people I've met have been very friendly and so far it seems like a good fit. It meets once a week and starts after Labor Day.

With this being our third year here, I had kind of hoped that we were done with the all-new, all-the-time business, but I guess not. Someday I will have rebuilt my social networks, right?
___________
I have another new article published. I appreciate everyone clicking through to read these articles and sharing them.   How Does the Dynamic Change in Your Family When You Adopt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach