Works in progress

I've started a few new projects today, even though I still have a few projects kicking around waiting to be finished. Sometimes you just need to start something new. Plus, my quilting class was cancelled this morning due to weather, so I didn't have that to work on. So, first the quilt, such as it is so far.


These strips will eventually be made into this:


Mine will be a darker version with dark blue batik instead of white. I also got my over-achiever quite to the same place. Here are the strips for it.


It will be much brighter with the blue strips standing in for the white in the pattern cover. I also cut out some sewing projects. Girls have been after me to start sewing the things they have been asking for. First is a dress for G.


That's a lovely green silk that was in some fabric a friend from church passed on to me. G. loved it and it will work well for this dress she picked out. First I had to trace the pattern, though, but I did get it cut out.


This is the dress pattern G. chose. It's one of my French patterns I bought, and I'm excited about making it.

Then I cut out a t-shirt for Y.


I've made this pattern quite a bit and everyone loves it. It's a t-shirt that looks as though it is two shirts because of the contrasting long sleeves. It also has a hood and front pocket. I was thrilled to discover I had already traced the size I needed for Y. The main knit is also from the same church friend and the contrasting knit is some from my stash that I found at a thrift store.


Here is a close up of the main fabric. Isn't it adorable? Y. fell in love with it.

Aside from sewing, we also we doing things with the barn. Take a look at what it looks like now.


Looks pretty nice and barn-like, huh? There is still a tiny bit more to do, but nothing that will hinder us from bringing Emmy home on Monday.


Inside, you can see that there is still a little bit more siding that needs to be put up. I'm hoping that gets done Monday morning. You can also see that there are no stalls around those nice dutch doors. Those we will need to build ourselves. In the meantime, we will use some of the round pen panels to make a stall for Emmy inside while we get her real stall done.


Here's the other side of the barn, where you can see some hay we have brought in. Lugging that from the van, having picked it up last night, was one of our accomplishments for the day. The lift will not be staying, much to K.'s disappointment, but will leave with the builders once those bits of siding go up. Fencing will be next, and supplies are in, we just need the weather to cooperate. In the meantime, the rest of the round pen will suffice for an outside area.

Finally, for those interested in P.'s travels, we received notice this evening that the Gulden Leeuw (or Golden Lion in Dutch) has left port in Barbados and is beginning her voyage to Dominica. P. is really off now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach