New favorite thing

Over the summer, when we were up in Michigan, I stopped in a very nice toy store to look around. I left with far more than I had planned to buy, but took care of some Christmas and birthday gifts, as well as adding to my activity box collection. R. drew that new activity today, so she tried it for the first time.

I guess it's not really my favorite thing, but more my new favorite company. It's a French company, Djeco, which makes crafts, games, and activities. They are beautifully made. Look at the one I bought for R. to use for school.


It's not flimsy cardboard, but a genuinely study box which also looks good. The other things I bought are equally appealing. Inside are the contents.


It's a hammer and nail activity, where you choose a design and then recreate it, nailing it to the cork board. I wasn't sure how R. would do because there are so many different components to it... chose the piece which fits the pattern, figure out where it goes to match the pattern, manipulate the nail into the hole, and then manage to tap it in. As with so many things, I held my breath a bit as we started.

Unlike the rest of the day, this was a very successful activity.



R. was able to manage every bit of it with just a little support. Everyone else was entranced with it as well, so I had to set up a rotating set of turns later on in the day so the others could play. I have a few more games from this company that I have yet to bring out, and I'm kind of excited about them. They are also very satisfying from a tactile standpoint as well.  I may like what I have seen even more than I like the HABA games that we have.
________________

I have a new article published. For various reasons, I would love for this one to do extremely well in the stats at the end of the month. So any sharing you feel led to do would be extremely appreciated.

You Can't Make Your Child Happy. Here's Why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain