Gourds

Look at my gourd plant!


We have this dead tree over by the garden, and when I bought the seeds, I envisioned the plants taking over, and covering, the tree. I love it when a plan works!

This variety is an edible gourd call Serpente di Sicilia, or serpent of Sicily. Do you see the long gourds growing and hanging down?



I'm pretty sure these vegetables are growing inches a day. Earlier this week, they weren't nearly so long. According to the seed packet, you can eat these gourds and use them as if they were zucchini. We'll see. Even if it turns out they are less than zucchini-like than we hoped, they are still pretty cool to watch grow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach