Day 43

That would be 43 days since our dossier was logged-in and we've been waiting for our LOA's. That would be "Letters of Acceptance" that officially give us permission to adopt R. and T. I'm starting to get just a little antsy. At least a couple other families who are on about our same timeline have their LOA's, so we should hear soon. I hope. I would really rather not be the seemingly random family that occasionally has a 90 day wait.

I want to start making photo books to send to the girls so they can be told they have a family coming for them. I want to start picking up a few new clothes for each of them. (And yes, I actually leave the tags on. Who doesn't like brand-new clothes?) I want to be able to start making real plans for being gone for nearly three weeks. With and LOA, we will have a much better idea of when we'll actually travel. I'm just very ready to leave this limbo we've been living in for nearly a year. That would be the limbo of having a child in another place and being unable to reach her.

I sometimes wish that I could be L. for just a moment and flail around on the floor venting my impatience and frustration. But I'm a grown-up and I'll behave.
_________
I have another article published. Six Incredible Programs Working to Help Orphaned Children in China 

Comments

Jena said…
Hi Elizabeth- I am a fellow adoptive mom from the old Vietnam days :-) We are in the new pilot Vietnam program with holt, and I am catching up on reading your blog, and saw this one and had to chuckle... we have had our new daughter's referral for 9 months, and our paperwork has been in Vietnam for 6 months, and officially logged in for 3 months... and nothing... and we have no idea when we will hear anything.... I would love to be waiting for 45 days... I get ridiculously jealous of my china adopting friends for the predictability of that program, ha!
thecurryseven said…
Congratulations on your referral. I completely understand... we waited with completely unknown timelines for far too long for K's adoption to be approved by Dong Nai in Vietnam. I truly thought I would lose my mind. I also was completely annoyed by people in the China program who would kvetch about how long things were taking.

And truly, my annoyance when I wrote this post was not so much that we had hit day 43, which in the great scheme of things isn't that long, but was still very much a hang-over from the completely unnecessary delays caused by our own government, specifically my state of IL. I have no control over other sovereign governments, but by own... whom I pay with my taxes? No. Patience. At. All.

I really hope things speed up for you. It is so hard to wait and wait and have no news at all, all the time watching your child grow up. I am so excited that adoptions are starting from VN again... I hope things can reach a point where parents at least know what their timelines will be. The unknown is so very, very hard.

Blessings,
e
Jena said…
Ah, yes! dreaded Dong Nai!
And I totally do understand your frustration because of the Illinois thing(I was following you through that craziness).

I keep reminding myself that there will likely be a day when I will have 2 kids with trauma in my home and I will long for the days when it was manageable having just one...but right now the waiting and not knowing is just about putting me over the edge... and I just want to get her home and start healing with her...
So grateful you are still blogging, I really appreciate your thoughts and journey!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain