Some days are like that

"That" being really not terrific... I have a sore throat and generally don't feel well, other children have been 'off', the house looks, um, lived in, and our schedule has been crazy today. So, instead of complaining (more) about my woes, I'll share some pictures and tell you about the appointment H. had with the plastic surgeon today.

First, a cute picture of L. and G.:


Then last Sunday, TM spent a long time playing with legos and building a very elaborate building for the legos out of books.






He really wanted to leave it up indefinitely, but people wanted to read the books and it was built in the middle of the upstairs hallway, so we compromised with taking a lot of pictures of it.

And now the doctor's appointment. We heard some very positive things. He (the plastic surgeon) really believes there is quite a bit that can be done to help H.  It will probably be a long-term process involving multiple surgeries and procedures, but in the end he was quite positive about it all. He also is not convinced that we are dealing with neurofibromatosis (NF). If it is not NF, this means that it is more likely the tumors can be removed, if not entirely than pretty close, and the likelihood of the tumors growing back is small. He believes that over time, the tumors, the nevi, and the abnormal bone structure can all be removed or improved. And I liked him and his staff. Our first assignment is to have a CT scan done and once he sees the results of that he will decide what the next step is. I thought I might feel overwhelmed after this visit, but I really don't. At least not by the doctor-stuff. My kitchen on the other hand...

Comments

Dawn said…
It amazes me how quickly the house goes down hill. I am glad the appointment went well and you like the doctor.
Blessings, Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach