Yummy, yummy banh mi

Did you notice what we're having for dinner on Wednesday night this coming week? The description of it doesn't do it justice. You need to see a picture. I'm very excited about this and will be anticipating it all week. Plus, there is a Vietnamese bakery near where J. works that makes phenomenal banh mi loaves, so he will pick some up for us to use.

The website, Ravenous Couple, is a new find that a friend forwarded to me. I don't know why it never occurred to me to look up Vietnamese cooking blogs. I mean, I read blogs on every other topic, why did I not think about Vietnamese cooking? Especially since we love Vietnamese food around here. In fact, the somewhat embarrassing truth is that we were nearly as excited to return to Vietnam to eat as we were to bring K. home. Nearly. It was a definite perk.

I am grateful that we live in an area that is home to a large Vietnamese population and consequently many Vietnamese restaurants and markets. (Yeah, I just need to keep telling myself that since the property tax bill arrived in the mail today. Bleh.) We are definitely spoiled. If you don't happen to be so blessed in the restaurant department, if you're ever in Chicago let me know. I'll give you some tips on where to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach