Happy 17th birthday, M!

M.'s birthday was last Thursday, the day we left to head home. Since we were spending her birthday in the car, we celebrated the day before. She had requested Vietnamese food for her birthday dinner, so my parents treated us to a great meal at a Vietnamese restaurant they found in south Tempe. Everyone enjoyed themselves and ate either huge amounts of noodles or huge bowls of pho. We then had cake back at home, though many people opted not to eat any being so full of noodles and soup.

My first baby is nearly grown up. I remember her babyhood so vividly it seems unreal that it was 17 years ago. She has turned into a charming young lady whom I love spending time with. She is smart, funny, and interesting. And quite patient with her mother when trying to explain all things technological. (She loves that kind of stuff and I only like it when it does exactly what I want it to.) I will miss her greatly this summer while she is in Samoa. Sometimes I am filled with panic that we are quickly reaching a point where all my children will not routinely by living with me. Can't I keep them all little for just a bit longer? But I am also thrilled she is turning into a responsible adult who wants to accomplish things with her life. I am so excited to see what she is going to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach