Growth spurts

G.

L.

I really shouldn't wonder why I have a house full of half-finished projects. It's because I spend a significant portion of my day nursing two adorable babies. And then every couple of weeks (days?) they seem to have a growth spurt and need to eat even more than usual. Other than them just nursing more frequently, I can tell because I, too, become ravenously hungry. I usually enjoy eating, but needing to eat all the time is starting to grow old. I had been drinking Ensure to help boost my calorie intake and I think I need to go back to doing that. I'm pretty sure I'm eating more than my 14 year old son at this point. Which, if you know B., is quite an accomplishment.


Oh yeah...the other thing about growth spurts is that the babies wake up more at night. So I'm hungry and tired. This could all explain my rather blah, unmotivated mood I've had for the past couple of days. But when I stop to think about it, I know that this season is very, very short. Before long the girls will be feeding themselves while sitting in high chairs soon to be followed by doing all sorts of grown-up things such as learning to drive. Sometimes when I go back through photo albums and look at my other children when they were babies, I wonder to myself if I appreciated that time with them enough. In hindsight, it seems so fleeting.

Comments

Stevens Family said…
Awe, they are just beautiful. the Ensure sounds like a great idea. Must be hard consuming all those calories.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach