T minus 80 hours (+/-) and counting

[J]

Here we go.

We leave for Vietnam on Tuesday, in four days. On Friday, one week from yesterday, we will meet TM and his foster parents for the first time. On Monday, July 3, TM will become our son.

The last 24 hours has been a frantic arranging of tickets, itineraries, and other travel-related details. But it's the other, non-travel-related stuff that makes my temples throb. The new Adam Sandler film about the magical remote control got terrible reviews, but right now I'd give all the ____ in my ____ for a button that would allow me to put life on pause for the next few weeks. (Note to self: Fill in blanks with clever and telling phrases after lunch.)

(Disclaimer: I am not now and have never been an Adam Sandler fan. Any references to him here are in no way intended as endorsements of past Adam Sandler projects or encouragement for future Adam Sandler projects.)

With any luck, we'll be home on July14, but there's a very real possibility that we won't be able to return until July 21. And there's the remote possibility that we'll love Vietnam so much that we decide to go completely "mosquito coast", and have my mother-in-law send the rest of the kids and a few boxes of books out to join us on the other side of the world.

I'm not sure I'm joking.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How can you not like Adam Sandler? His projects have been quite varied. His time on SNL was hysterical. But that is not why I comment.

I comment to say Happy Trip J & E! God speed. May there be far fewer bumps along the road than you anticipate. May God keep you and TM safe while you travel and all the children at home safe and (relatively) happy while you are gone. (And grandma too!) May extra grace be yours during this time of anticipation and acclimation.

Keep us posted.

=) hannah
LawMommy said…
Have a safe trip! I will be anxious to know how things go in DaNang!

Gretchen

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach