The weather outside is not frightful

The weather was beautiful... sunny and ridiculously warm for this time of year. I should have to wear at least a light jacket outside on December 2, I think. The communal moaning about lack of snow has started, though J. and I cannot really join in whole-heartedly in that since we still have no way to clear the 300 foot long drive of snow yet. It could be a significant problem if we don't get that figured out.

So while it was not snowy, or even cold, we still had to go find a tree since we are having our tree trimming party tomorrow. We really enjoyed the place we went last year, but due to time constraints, didn't feel as though we could quite make it work this year, so we found an alternative. Let's just say we probably won't be going back next year. It was pricey and a little underwhelming. While you could cut your own tree, the trees that were tall enough all had sold signs on them, so we opted for a pricier already cut tree. It will be fine, even if it is the shortest tree we've ever bought. (Our house does not have tall ceilings like every other house or apartment we've lived in up until now.)

I took the camera and got a few pictures, though I realize I never took one of the actual tree. Ah well, you'll see it after it's decorated.

G.

L. and G.

We also took the dogs. Kenzie rode up between the front seats while Olive squeezed her giant body on top of A.

D.




P., A. and Olive

R.

It doesn't look as though we should be buying a Christmas tree, does it? Maybe going for an early autumn hike perhaps.

We did not get this tree, even though G. loved it. 

The weather isn't helping my vague holiday blahs, either. With Christmas upon us, I'm feeling a little homesick. I knew this would happen, and it's probably why my anticipation of the season was low. Nothing feels quite right, and I'm highly aware of what we are missing. Moving is hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain