A wee bit obsessed with Burda 9614

Remember the t-shirts I made G. and L. with Superman and a panda embroidered on them? Well, I was so pleased with how they turned out that I decided to make another version of it with long sleeves. (The little girls are growing through their clothes and are in dire need of things that actually fit.) So I dug out my embarrassingly large stash of knit fabric and made this. (There are actually two of them, but L. took hers somewhere and I haven't found it yer.) 


Cute, huh? I love the fabric. But then they needed pants, so I tried making some leggings to match. I see a lot of leggings in their future because I was able to make two pairs, from tracing the pattern to the final hem in one afternoon.


And I'm a little proud of them. They look as good as the leggings I recently bought for the girls at the store, but with the fabric I already had, they were cheaper.


Well, then I was on a roll and I had yet more knit fabric, so I decided to try a different version. This one has a hood and contrasting long sleeves. The pink version is G.'s and she loves it. I have a red striped one cut out for L., I just need to find some time to make it.


G. particularly loves the hood.


Lastly, because everyone needs a Monday morning laugh, look at this most excellent photo bombing that L. managed. A. was taking a picture of G. and when she looked at it afterwards discovered a crazed L. in the background.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain