Shameless self promotion

I'm published! Ok, well, I'm already published, because J and I "wrote" a mid-grade geography textbook about the midwest. There are many things I could say about the experience, but I'll spare you the gory details. What I mean is that I'm published in something people actually read; one of my ideas appears on page 112 in the new May issue of Family Fun magazine. I have to admit to feeling a bit let down about it. Judging from the amount of paperwork that I had to complete, the long phone call with the editor, and the emails back and forth with the fact checker, I expected at least a half a page. But reality rears its ugly head, and I'm featured in one small paragraph...a paragraph that M completely missed the first time she flipped through the magazine looking for it. Oh well, I had fun spending the check.

The next act of self-promotion isn't so much for myself, but for my offspring. It's spring and around here that means our children's spring show is about to open. Some of you may remember last year's endless posts about Oliver! I promise this will be my only post about the current show, The Man Who Came to Dinner. Since a picture (or 2 or 3) is worth a thousand words, I will limit myself to one link: http://www.e-h-e.org/dinner.html

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats! That is super-cool! And also I think the text book is cool too!
Ann said…
Wow! I would like to read it! And the price? I didn't know ANY textbooks were still under $40! My USED paperback college textbooks are even double that!

Have a great time in VN!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach