Meal planning - Oct. 20 - 26, 2020

I don't have any idea how we can possibly here past the midway point of October, but here we are. I also don't understand how the part of the week involving grocery shopping seems to arrive faster than any other part of the week, but yet I went to the store(s) again today. 

Tuesday, Oct. 20

Mongolian beef and vegetables
     P. saw this in my recipe binder when I was making the menu and wanted to have it. I still had some frozen steak in the freezer, so on the menu it went. It was good.
Sesame noodles
     I bought some Korean wheat noodles a while back, so we used those
Dumplings
     When I checked the freezer, I thought I saw a couple of bags of dumplings, so I put them on the list. When I went to get them tonight for dinner, I discovered they were bags of edamame which looked remarkably similar to the bags of dumplings I buy. We did not have dumplings. Everyone lived.

Wednesday, Oct. 21

Onion and cheese strata
     I save up the heels of bread in the freezer, and when they start to get to be too much, I take them all out and make this. It is that time.
Salad

Thursday, Oct 22

Sloppy Joes
     From scratch
Sweet potato fries
     TM bought sweet potatoes because he really wanted sweet potato fries, so here they are on the menu. He has even offered to make them. Who am I to turn that down?

Friday, Oct. 23

Shredded chicken tacos
     H. has really wanted to try making something out of her new cookbook for dinner, so this is from her new book. J. will be helping her as I get home from Horse Power too late to start dinner.
Refried beans
    These I will start in the crock pot in the morning.

Saturday, Oct. 24

Chicken noodle soup
     We had roast chicken last week, so now we're having chicken noodle soup.
Biscuits
     From scratch

Sunday, Oct. 25

Chicken pot pie
     Once again, this is a meal I store up ingredients for and then make it when I have enough. I have odds and ends of vegetables plus some cooked chicken. All I'll have to do is make the gravy and the pie crust.
Salad

Monday, Oct. 26

     This is a favorite fall soup around here. I had some butternut squash in the pantry, so we'll use them up in this. It's actually pretty easy, though it does take some time to chop all the vegetables. And you have to peel and chop the squash. I dislike this because of the horrible coating it leaves on your hands. I finally figured out that if I put on plastic gloves it helps, but then it becomes slippery and harder to work with. It's probably the one single reason I don't make it more often. (I linked to the recipe.)
Garlic bread

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach