Making music

One of our traditions for Advent is to sing carols around the piano after dinner on the Sundays when we light our Advent candles. Usually this is me playing the piano and everyone else singing. This seems to be a changing a little this year.

TM has been playing violin (teaching himself, he does not want a teacher at this point) and Duncan has been playing cello (from knowing nothing to playing the more accessible Bach cello suites in one year). I'm impressed with what both boys can do. When we sang around the piano, they each brought their instruments and played along. It was a little rough (though admittedly not much rougher than some of my playing since I am sorely out of practice), but had some real potential. The three of us have identified a few pieces we want to work on to be an actual trio. It will be fun, and I think we can actually work up something rather serviceable. If we could convince P. to join us on guitar it would be great, but I'm not sure we can.

You never know what paths your children will lead you down. Five years ago I would have never dreamed I would have a violinist and a cellist to play music with. It's exciting that now I do.
___________
Liturgy post... Have hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach