Friday bullets, Dec. 21, 18

Happy shortest day of the year! I love knowing that from now on, the days will gradually start to get longer. I like daylight. This is good.

  • My family is relived to know that Christmas will actually be happening. After 20+ hours in my studio, 4+ hours shopping, and another three spent in my kitchen this morning, nearly everything is done. I still have one more thing left to finish making, and the gifts are taken care of. Of course there is still the wrapping and the baking for the holiday, but that all seems rather manageable at this point.
  • R., even though this is her third Christmas with us, is still confused. She is very, very excited about Christmas coming. We hear this frequently through the day. She knows she likes Christmas, and every time she tells us how excited she is, she hopefully asks if Christmas is tomorrow. Recently she has also added the comment that she wants to be a princess for Christmas. No amount of explaining has managed to convince her that Halloween and Christmas are two different and separate holidays.
  • Earlier this week, one of D.'s cello stings broke, so he was without his cello for several days. He was more than a little bereft not being able to play it. We found a small violin shop nearby that also sells viola and cello supplies. They were able to sell him a new string and restring the cello. He is happily back to being able to play again.
  • Aster is nearly as big as Kenzie now, and is certainly heavier than he is. I think she is going to be a big dog.
  • I've decided I love the smell of melted bees' wax.
  • B. will be coming home tomorrow until Christmas. I love having everyone home at the same time.
  • Yes, that picture I showed you on Wednesday was the parts for the barn that were delivered. We even have the builder's sign in our front yard. This may actually happen.
  • P. bought her plane ticket to Barbados this past week. This, too, is actually going to happen. I'm both excited for her, and feeling very much in denial that she is going to be gone and mostly out of touch for five months.
  • We have not bought Christmas gifts for the chickens and ducks. There was a suggestion that we should make Christmas hats for the ducks, but that never went anywhere. 
And since I am now falling asleep as I try to write this, I'm going to end here. Enjoy your weekend!
_______________
Liturgy post... Something New

Comments

Blaine said…
Good that you like the smell of bees wax if we're gonna start the beehive up again this spring!
#can'twaitforthosebees
#it'sbeenwaytoomanyyearssinceI'vehadbees

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach