The chair and other things

Well, the weekend was a bit of a whirlwind, as is usual. But I did manage to get most things caught back up after my two weeks of craziness.

The first cool thing about the weekend is that friends invited us (J. and I) to go see Cabaret with them at the Paramount Theater in Aurora. I had never seen the show before, and found it really interesting. The show was great, by the way, but if you aren't familiar with it, definitely a bit PG-13. What I found most interesting was the historical aspect of it. Even though the musical was written in 1966, it felt extremely modern, which is a bit surprising since it is set in 1931 Berlin, at the beginning of the rise of the Nazis. It was both incredibly interesting and incredibly disturbing all at the same time. I'm glad I got a chance to see it.

The other cool thing about the weekend is that after months of searching, we finally found an affordable reading chair for our bedroom, thanks to our church's garage sale group. No more having to sit on my bed for everything, because the floor was the only choice. I'm so excited. I'm even sitting in it right now, using the laptop. It is a definite improvement. Want to see?



It looks like someone actually lives in this room, doesn't it? Now that we have a chair, I can figure out what to put on the walls behind it. I was putting off doing anything about that corner until I knew what was going to go there. Just ignore the hideous vaguely orange-y tan paint. That's what I do. As much as I would love to paint every single room in the house, that just isn't on the docket any time soon.

On to my next item of furniture to keep on the lookout for... a small bench to go at the foot of our bed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Archer's handy right? Get him to build you a bench! Birthday/anniversary present?

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain