Lists

Well in the last 48 hours, I've:

  • Cleaned the kitchen more times than I can count
  • Paid the bills
  • Made two dinners (with one being a crock pot meal before I left at 9:30 this morning)
  • Gone Christmas caroling with members from our new church
  • J. and I took children to see lights
  • Finished sending out the last of the Christmas cards
  • Did a load of laundry
  • Picked TM and P up from the train station
  • Taught a piano lesson
  • Went to the library to check out movies to occupy young children for today
  • Ground a bunch of wheat flour
  • Made gingerbread dough for cookies
  • Listened to endless Christmas carols played on the piano
  • Corrected H.'s rhythm on one of her carols and then spent the next 15 minutes to keep her from disassociating because she thought she was in trouble
  • Cleaned up dog poop from the living room floor
  • Cleaned cat boxes (do you see a theme, here?)
  • Drove to Chicago for K's orthodontist appointment
  • Dropped D. and K. off with the P. family mom
  • Explained clef signs and how they work to D.
  • Spent time commiserating with P. family mom about how our move affects our two families' usual holiday get togethers
  • Filled the van up with gas
  • Been asked by D., when I was a captive audience in the van, what I thought the purpose of art was. No, he did not have an answer when I asked him if he ever had frivolous conversations.
  • Had lunch with a good friend
  • Picked-up a snow blower and the last of the items from my freezer in the old house, both of which were at another good friend's
  • Drove home in rush hour traffic
  • Tucked children in (twice)
  • Dealt with R. when she had pinched L., because L. had stopped R. from using the microwave on her own. That turned out to be a half hour extravaganza of fun. (For the record, I am thrilled that L. stopped R. from using the microwave. This is exactly what she should have done. I have no idea what buttons R. would have ended up pushing and what havoc she would have wreaked. Buying a new microwave is certainly no where on any of my to-do lists.)
  • Took Kenzie on a mile walk in the forest preserve
What I have not done in the past 48 hours:
  • Wrapped anymore Christmas presents
  • Looked at my lists to figure out what last things I need to get
  • Bought the last few things that I know I need to get
  • Rolled and cut-out the gingerbread cookies
  • Made any part of the other cut-out cookies I plan to make
  • Helped the youngest family members clean-up their room, because G. has informed me that she cannot sleep in a messy room. (I feel her pain.)
  • Figured out what we're having for holiday meals
  • Scheduled the activities that need to be done in order to be ready for Christmas, so I know what to do when
  • Figured out when we're having our family viewings of A Christmas Story and White Christmas
  • Read very many Christmas picture books to children (and they aren't begging, either... sniff)
  • Done any picking up or cleaning in the house
  • Written a new blog post with any sort of content... and will I before Christmas? Your guess is as good as mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach