Dinner in Peru

To go along with our craft yesterday, I had also scheduled our dinner featuring a dish from Peru. We had lomo saltado, which is a dish with sliced steak, onions, tomatoes, French fries, topped with a spicy aji sauce. We also had rice on the side.

I have to admit that I chose this dish because it used French fries. Not only are French fries good, but I have had a French fry cutting tool kicking around the house for several years now, that I needed a good excuse to try. This seemed as though this was it.

The first step was to make the French fries, which also meant figuring out how to use this handy little tool. It turns out it was far quicker and easier than I had thought it would be.

Here's my Bosch with the handy French fry maker attachment.

Look! They look like real fried.

They did, however, take a loooooong time to cook. I think it was because even with my better stove, I just couldn't get the heat high enough to cook them quickly. They turned out well, despite that, and hardly any were left.


Here's the dinner when it was finally all done. We ate late even for us last night.


For dinner we had a vanilla cake which is also a Peruvian recipe. Everything we made was extremely good, and some growing boys had fourths. I will be keeping these for future use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach