So I guess yesterday was Friday

It's been that kind of a week.

  • The reading is really starting to click for some people, particularly L. She is starting to read just about everything. Last Monday she read Go Dogs Go to me, and Tuesday she read the first page of a Magic Tree House book. 
  • M. has been spending some time here for the past couple of days, and is certainly winning the "Energizer Bunny" award... trailer gutted, TM's room primed, D.'s dresser (finally) put together. 
  • We've got to get this making dinner-thing under control again. The last two nights we have eaten very late... even by our late standards.
  • I now own my very first pair of snow pants ever. (Thank you LLBean points... I paid a whopping 84 cents for them.) You can now plan your own winter wardrobes accordingly, because I have probably just guaranteed us a completely snowless winter. My children my not forgive me.
  • Olive is evidently in her teen years of development, and driving A. a little crazy.
  • Everyone is doing well in their piano lessons. H. is particularly enjoying learning piano, and she is doing a great job. I'm excited for her.
  • I've been keeping track of my reading again this year, and I just wrote down book #60. That is putting me at a solid 6.5 books per month average. Not that I care or am competitive or anything...
  • We discovered this week that Y.'s AFO's are too small. This would be a simple thing if we hadn't moved. Now, I need to have her see a new pediatric orthopedist, so the doctor can write a new prescription for the AFO's, and then we can go and have them made. This is not sounding like a fast process to me.
  • I have a new piano student starting next week!
  • A friend took me out to a chocolate restaurant in Geneva last night. It was very, very good. I will have to go back.
  • We asked P.'s horseback riding trainer to come out and look at our property with us last weekend. She was extremely positive about it, and gave us some really good ideas and advice for how and where to put a stable and fencing. Now, to get quotes from various barn builders, followed by recovering from sticker shock.
  • And now I will go and try to do more with my day than just make a grocery list, go to two stores, and drive children around. You know, now that it is time to start fixing dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain