Workable photos

Evidently, I didn't have the whole 'share pictures from my phone' thing down, because it didn't work. I have now tried something different, and seem to have solved the problem. You should be able to see the pictures on the previous post. My apologies.

Other then endless unpacking, I don't have a whole lot else to report. We've emptied a lot more boxes, and decided on which other boxes have to live in the storage locker for the time being. As a result, the house is looking a little more finished. Maybe some day I can feel as though I don't have to spend every waking moment dealing with boxes. That would be good.

I did find two new places this weekend where I am probably going to be spending quite a bit of time. The first is a very large grocery store near me which seems to have just about everything I have been looking for. I didn't try it at first because I have a pretty strong bias against giant stores, but this one seems to have both good prices and a great selection. And it is just 10 minutes from our house. I feel as though I can make menus and go grocery shopping again. This feels like a huge victory.

The second is the cutest little tea shop. P. had her first guitar lesson this past weekend. Because she can't walk anymore, like she did in Evanston, I drove her. I had taken a book hoping that I could find some sort of coffee shop nearby where I could sit and read. Boy, did I hit the jackpot! Just next door from the music shop where her lessons are, is The Tea Tree. It has a huge selection of teas, vinegars, oils, and whatnot. Plus, the owner will brew you a cup of tea, all you have to do wander about and decide which of the many teas to try. I had a lovely half hour, sipping some really delicious tea and reading my book. I kind of wish P.'s lessons were an hour long. If you are in the area (though I don't think any of you are... because you would have contacted me and told me, and then we could meet, and I could know someone out here), you should stop by.

Finally, I need a favor from you. D. is taking a class at Aurora University this summer about inventing and innovation. Each group has to come up with an invention and go through the process of what it would look like to bring that invention to market. His group has chosen a sort of phone texting lock-out system, to disable texting while driving. Part of the process is market research. Would you all be willing to take a quick survey for him? Like today? Here's the link: Key Lock Invention Survey Thank you. D. really appreciates it!

And one bonus picture, now that I know how to do it. Here is Nefertiti who discovered that she could climb back behind the books in the room that still doesn't have a workable name.


Tomorrow we drive two hours one way for neurologist appointments. I'm sure that will generate good blog fodder. It always does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach