Treasure Trove

I'm working my way through my father's mysteries which I brought home with my from Arizona in March. This requires some advance planning since he seemed to have many middle books in a series, and I am just OCD enough to never jump into the middle of a series knowingly. This means that I have to plan ahead to which book I want to read next, figure out if it is a series and where the book I am holding falls in the series, and then order the missing books from the library which come before it. This isn't that difficult, except that I seem to be always searching for a new book somewhere around 10 PM which means I cannot run to the library to get the book I need.

(I every so often fantasize about 24 hour libraries. And today, when Y. and I made a quick trip in to pick up one book, I added drive-through library to my fantasy library. Wouldn't that be fantastic? You could drive-up to the window, put in your request for your book, and have it brought to you.)

You also know that I have a slight phobia about running out of things to read and am happiest when I have a nice long list of books so I always know what is going to come next. Well, imagine my joy when I discovered one of the best lists I've ever seen tucked in the back of the first book of a series I was reading. I was just titled, "Other Titles in the Soho Crime Series" and I didn't pay it much attention at first. Then I noticed that each author also had a country or time period listed after their name and I became intrigued. Upon a closer look, it is a long list of mystery titles each set in a different country. To my mind, the only thing better than a good mystery series is a mystery series set in another country. This was like finding buried treasure. After a quick look at some Amazon reviews, it seems that it is a solid list with worthwhile reading. I have now photocopied the page to keep in the notebook I take to the library. I'll be set for months. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you! If you want to see the list, just click the Soho Crime Series name that I linked up above for you. (Yes, I know many of you already figured that out. I also know I have some non-techy-types who read my blog.)

Between these books and the non-fiction book, The Well-Balanced Child: Movement and Early Learning by Sally Goddard, plus it's bibliography, I feel happily set with books.
____________
I have a new article published, What You Need to Know About Adopting from China. As always, thank you for clicking and sharing. It's greatly appreciated.

Comments

sandwichinwi said…
We have a drive thru library!! You can pick up your holds at the window!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain