Block Party 2016

It's a good thing that I have block party photos to share with you today because otherwise, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a post. R.'s three hour EEG turned into a nearly six hour fun fest, for no apparent reason. I got home just in time to swallow a plate of lunch, grab Y. and head back out for her PT appointment. I'm home now, have a cup of tea, and am beginning to recover.

But, I'm going to leave all that now and focus on something else. Like the fun of yesterday. D. started the day off by expanding his bread baking horizons. (He already bakes all of our bread and sells a couple loaves on the side as well.) He decided he wanted to try cinnamon bread. It turned out beautifully. See?


I'm ready for him to make a whole bunch of loaves of the stuff. It tastes as good as it looks.


Then the street was blocked off and the block party began. There was badminton...


and hanging out...

L.

and street hockey...

K.

TM

and finally, at the end of the day, a movie in a neighbor's front yard.



There were some very tired and happy children by the time it was all over. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon painting these guys. I'll share more about them tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain