A little light summer reading


I've been doing some book searches and now have a big pile of books to read. Want to hear the titles? In my stack I have:

The Interpersonal Neurobiology of Play: Brain-Building Interventions for Emotional Well-Being by Theresa A. Kestly

Executive Function and Child Development by Marcie Yeager and Daniel Yeager

Descartes' Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain by Antonio R. Damasio

Self Comes to Mind: Constructing the Conscious Brain by Antonio R. Damasio

Engaging Ideas: The Professor's Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom by John C. Bean

And then I have three more coming to me from the university interlibrary loan system. (Oh, how I adore any and all interlibrary loan systems!)

Handbook of Executive Functioning by Sam Goldstein and Jack Naglieri

Neuropsycological Evaluation of the Child by Ida Sue Baron

and,

Frontal Lobe Function and Dysfunction by Harvey S. Levin, Howard M. Eisenberg, and Arthur L. Benton

Sounds like fun, huh? I'm actually looking forward to them because I'm a little geekly like that. I'm also almost finished with Neurologic: The Brain's Hidden Rational Behind our Irrational Behavior by Eliezer Sternberg. It is fascinating, though makes me appreciative of a currently functioning brain. Yeesh, who knew how many odd and bizarre things could go wrong with our perception?! If you're interested in brain stuff at all, you will love this.
______
And now for some housekeeping business.

Tomorrow night will be the next Here I Can Be Normal Support Group for adoptive parents of special needs children. Click the link to read about the details if this is new to you, and email me if you want more specifics. So be here, tomorrow night, 7:30, my house.

Finally, I have a new article that is published. Why Does it Take So Long to Get an International Adoption Referral? Please click and share to make my paycheck just a tiny bit bigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach