To do lists
I think we will be ready to leave on time tomorrow morning. So far in my trip preparations, I have:
- Found or bought summer clothes for everyone who either didn't have any or had out grown the ones they did have.
- Caught up on the laundry. I lost count, but it was probably at least fifteen loads.
- Told R. that yes, we are going to visit Grammy, but no we are not going on an airplane approximately every 10 minutes for the past three days.
- Laid out clothes for everyone and now need to put them into suitcases.
- Found dress clothes for everyone for the Memorial service.
- Arranged for house/pet sitting for the weeks we are gone.
- Introduced our house/pet sitter to Kenzie, since they hadn't met yet.
- Checked out seven recorded books from the library for our car trip.
- Bought lunch and snack supplies for the car ride.
- Renewed or returned library books.
- J. made reservations at hotels for on the way.
- Made an emergency trip to the bank to help an older child sort out a problem.
- J. took the van in for two new (and much needed) tires.
- Got the seizure medicine fiasco straightened out. I can pick it up this afternoon.
- Took a skirt of H's in to the dry cleaners to have a zipper replaced. (No, this is one mending job I have no desire to do myself.)
- Bought needed toiletries for the trip.
- Helped a child who is still completely stressed by vacations get back on the rails.
- Send the children on a house wide hunt to search out all the missing hairbands.
- Worked out my writing schedule with my editor. (Yes, I'll be writing articles in the hotel bathroom.)
- Assured R. that I would get out her knapsack and pack it before we left approximately every 15 minutes for the past two days.
- Explained to Y. where we were going and when. She then told it back to me the next day, so I think she has a basic understanding.
Still to do:
- Actually pack the laid out items into bags as well as collect the other many things we need to take along with us.
- Pack the trailer so we can leave quickly in the morning
- Buy more cat food.
- Pick up the van.
- Pay the bills (Yuck.)
- Straighten the house for the house sitters.
- Print out all the information we need to take with us.
- Iron some of the dress clothes that need to be packed.
- Write the article that's due tomorrow.
- Reassure R. that we are all coming back home to Kenzie and Midnight approximately 10,000 more times.
And... write a blog post to post tomorrow while we're on the road. Be sure to check in, it's a big anniversary!