Miscellaneous Friday

Fridays are history co-op days. The younger group met and were talking about Greek architecture and general architectural principles. For their hands-on project, they made marshmallow and toothpick sculptures (buildings? creations?). They enjoyed it, though they possibly enjoyed eating the marshmallows more. I discovered that TM had taken some pictures, so I thought I would share them with you. (I was safely knitting in another room at the time.)




K.

P10 and M.Y. H-S

P5 and K. (They really are best buddies)

My children are now playing outside because it's spring. They don't seem to be bothered by the fact my thermometer says it's 34 degrees outside. I'm inside trying to pretend it's not 34 degrees outside. This is made a little easier by the fact my mother surprised me by over-nighting orange blossoms to me and they arrived this morning. I love the smell of orange blossoms. I've been carrying them around with me ever since they came.

Now a little house/blog keeping. First up, if you are in the area, be sure to come and see A. in Thin Ice Theater's production of Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution. It's tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 and on Sunday at 3. 2008 Dempster

A. as the judge

Next, I am preparing what I'm going to say when I do a session at the Illinois Home Educator's Conference in June on meal planning. I'm doing some very scientific research on what people find most difficult about getting dinner on the table each night. Please, if you haven't already commented on my fb post, please share your ideas in the comments. I'd appreciate it.

Finally, there's Brandi. You haven't forgotten about her, have you? I didn't get a chance to post about her last week because of the chaos, but she's still waiting for a family.



She is 6 years old. She lies in her crib and waits and waits and waits for someone to scoop her up and tell her how loved she is. Just imagine a grin on her face, her hair allowed to grow out. Imagine how transformed she will look when she is loved. Pray that she doesn't have to wait too much longer for her parents to find her.


Comments

Rebecca G. said…
The #1 most difficult is a child with a very restricted diet for health reasons. It is most difficult to say no, no, no all the time, so I try to make as many things for her as we can all eat. But that leads to the most boring rut imaginable and takes all the joy out of cooking. So I do make meals she can only have part of, and then have to find something she can eat also - either leftovers, or endless whatever.

#2 most difficult is the lack of energy right before dinner prep. If I haven't had some peaceful rest right before, I can't bear jumping into prep work. So I don't. Or we eat late. Or someone else cooks. :)

#3 being out in the afternoons and coming home late (see #2!). But not wanting to take valuable morning time to cook (and crock).

I'd love to hear some suggestions for our dinner woes! - Rebecca

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach