Saturday, November 03, 2012

Sigh, it was bill-paying day... plus some costumes

This writer has said it so much better than I could, and this is where I am right now. So instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, I'll just send you to her blog.

When Your Fig Tree Doesn't Have Any Freaking Buds and the Cattle Have All Left the Building

And some costumes from the other night... of those who chose to dress up.

D. was a steampunk elephant. You know you have many older siblings when you are 9 years old and know what 'steampunk' is.



H. was a princess. I should have taken a close-up of the dress so you could admire it.

L. was Superman-Cowboy-Tigger. (Note the boots.) What else is there to say?

Plus cape, of course.

G. was Pooh. A reluctant Pooh at first. She was eventually won over by the candy.

And K. was a robin. Little did I know how much mileage I would get out of this costume when I made it for M. 15+ years ago.

_____________________
These children still do not have families going forward to adopt them... keep praying!

Continuing to advocate for the children in Bulgaria. Their files were sent back which means that they cannot be advocated for on Reese's Rainbow or have any funds donated towards their adoptions. It means they are essentially invisible and unwanted. It tells the government and the agencies that yes, indeed, their initial assumptions were correct. No one wants a child like these. They are not worth it.

But they are! They are created by God in His image and we are called to care for them. They are truly the least of these. I cannot let them go; I think about them in nearly every free moment that I have. I'm going to post one of their pictures here at the bottom of each of my posts each day. Would you join me in praying for each of these children? Pray that a family would come forward who is willing to adopt them. Love them. Pray that they will know they are not forgotten? There is still hope for these little ones as their files can be specially asked for, it just adds time to the process.


This is Brandi. She is 6 years old. She lies in her crib and waits and waits and waits for someone to scoop her up and tell her how loved she is. Just imagine a grin on her face, her hair allowed to grow out. Imagine how transformed she will look when she is loved. Pray that she doesn't have to wait too much longer for her parents to find her.


1 comment:

Amy said...

That is an awesome elephant costume!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It