Last post from this side of the world

I am about to begin to tackle the list that just won't end. I have serious doubts about getting everything done... especially if I want to sleep tonight.

We leave for the airport bright and early tomorrow morning, so the next time I will have a chance to write I will be in China. I have to admit that it all seems a little unbelievable at this point.

I am alternating between excitement and moments of wondering what on earth we were thinking to start this whole process. I know I will be fine once we're on the plane, but I really do not like saying good-bye to the children staying at home. Not one little bit.

Off to keep working lest full-fledged panic break out. I always appreciate Elisabeth Elliot's admonition to 'do the next thing', but never so much as today. I will just keep working on the next thing and try very hard not to think of the ten things that come after it. Or about saying good-bye to my children. Or to meeting the 9 year old girl who will become my daughter.

The next thing. Just the next thing. Perhaps getting dressed would be a really good next thing to tackle.

TTFN  (or for those sad, impoverished individuals who are not well acquainted with Winnie-the-Pooh) Ta Ta For Now.

Comments

jan said…
just prayed for you -- for joy in the journey, peace in saying TTFN, and nothing but praise in the adventure to come :). Godspeed, friend!!! xoxoxo
Joy said…
I have prayed for you too, may you enjoy the journey to your newest daughter. I'm so happy for your family.
Amy said…
Praying you have a safe journey and a smooth transition. Can't wait to see pictures of H with you!
asian~treasures said…
Praying & praising!! Such an emotional time...for you, for those staying at home, for your soon-to-be daughter!

Enjoy each moment...even the ones that you are certain will make you have more gray hairs & the ones that, like Mary, you'll treasure in your heart!
sandwichinwi said…
Bon voyage! Blessings to your family as you begin this new journey!

Sandwich
Stevens Family said…
Have a wonderful trip! I look forward to following along :)
Janet and Kevin said…
Praying for you as you journey to the other side of the world to bring home your new daughter. There is something so surreal about our adoption trips, isn't there?!!

Looking forward to following your trip. Will keep you close in our hearts and prayers over the coming days and weeks. So happy we can see sweet H. come home!

Blessings,
janet and gang

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain