Friday, February 03, 2012

Getting older

Yes, I am.  I don't really feel older, but every so often, I have one of those moments where reality hits.  Take yesterday.  I was doing a bunch of adoption paperwork (again), and looking to see what passport size photos I had and how many more I needed.  For some reason I had one set of myself from the beginning of 2011 and one taken from much later in the year.  Oh my goodness.  I think the year was harder on me than I imagined.  Comparing the two pictures, I seem to have aged more than 10 or 11 months.  It looked more like 4 or 5 years. It may sound as though I'm fishing for compliments, but really, I'm not.  I was just shocked at the difference in the two pictures.  (I'm justifying it by saying I must have had several nights of poor sleep to explain the second picture away.  Don't dissolution me.)  It wasn't until that moment that I fully realized how anxious I have been about this adoption.  I knew I felt a little stressed about it, but until I saw it written there all over my face, I hadn't realized the pervasiveness of it.  I am also a little more aware of its weight now because of the relief I feel as we get closer and closer to actually travelling.  Being at the point of just waiting for our travel approval feels glorious.  I am so ready for this adoption to be completed and to have H. in our arms.

So, tell me, do you think relief can reverse the aging process?

3 comments:

April said...

There is something to be said about letting go and letting God..low stress and anxiety does keep one looking young! I turn 40 soon--yikes! Someone made my day yesterday by saying I look 16....I don't know about THAT, but it was nice to hear! ;)

Molly Crane said...

The Holy Spirit doesn't age...God will keep your heart alive if you let His love flow through it!

Shonya said...

LOL--I hear you loud and clear. I am amazed at how much I have aged in the last two years--which have included a failed adoption, a successful adoption, my husband's untenable job situation and subsequent resignation, job hunting, and a move!!!! I'm hoping to find relief and rest to reverse this process as well, chuckle

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It