Stopping to be thankful

Some days it's good just to stop and be thankful.  This is especially true when it feels as though there has been a whole string of things that could be the cause of a very bad week.  So...
  • Instead of being disappointed that several people have been under the weather during our spring break (and a little too full of goo), I will be thankful that we have easy access to medicine for the girl who has moved into ear infection territory.
  • Instead of being annoyed that the dryer quit working for a day, I will be thankful that J. was able to fix it cost free.
  • Instead of being worried and anxious about the paperwork to bring H. home, I will be (super) thankful that I have received several pictures of her enjoying a BBQ in the woods and dying Easter eggs.
  • Instead of being upset with the weather (snow in April?!), I will be thankful that today is a much better day and boys with too much energy can be outside.
  • Instead of being tired of the endless diapers, I will be thankful that I have the children that cause the need of them.
  • Instead of being angry at the high cost of gas, I will be thankful that I have a van which can carry us all.
And...
  • Instead of becoming stressed about all that needs to be done for my family to celebrate Easter, I will be eternally thankful that we have a savior who conquered death and gives us a reason to celebrate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen! Sounds like you are having a 'Thankful Thursday' too =)
TJC said…
Thanks, E. I needed some perspective at this particular moment!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain