- how well M. is doing in the two college classes she is taking this semester. She has been so diligent and responsible about them.
- for the all the different interests my children have and how they teach me things I would have never thought to learn. For example, B. has taken a strong interest in bee keeping. He has done tons of research, taken a class, and has paid (nearly all by himself) for a new hive a colony of bees which will begin arriving later this month.
- for how well my children can get along. Yesterday, A. and P. and D. and TM decided on the spur of the moment to have a room cleaning contest. Not only did it keep them happily occupied for most of the afternoon, but it's been a while since those two rooms have been so clean.
- that D.'s reading has really taken off. He's been reading several short chapter books a week now. (I've also been finding myself telling him he needs to stop reading a couple of times, but that's a different post.)
- that A. is so good at organizing and will happily tackle areas of the house which need attention.
- for the times when something has hurt TM and he has cried appropriate tears and come to me for comfort. Only a parent who has a child who has struggled with attachment can fully appreciate how wonderful appropriate tears are.
- that P. has been working more diligently in her schoolwork and the quality of what she has been doing is really good.
- for Shepherd's Field Children's Village and the fact that H. is in such a safe and loving place while we work through paperwork.
- when K. walks around the house informing people that he loves them and then comes and announces to me that, "Everybody loves me!"
- for two adorable little girls. Really just thankful all the time for these two. Yesterday I was watching G. and L. play. At one point, they were each lying on the floor with their heads sharing a pillow. Each girl had a book and each girl was singing a little book song to herself. It was certainly one of those moments when I wished I could stop time.
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Stopping to be thankful
Yesterday I felt so much better and consequently, the day went smoothly complete with happy children. (Funny how that works, huh?) I have been overwhelmed with thankfulness for my life and children. I thought I'd share a few examples. I'm thankful for...