Pie for presidents

No, we're not sending pies to the president.  On Monday, President's Day, I decided to make use of a little bribery.  In return for memorizing the presidents, in order, I would make peach pies for dessert.  Manful attempts were made and a huge chart of each of the presidents was begun.  I'm not sure where we're eventually going to hang the thing, it is already many feet long and they are only up to president #29, Woodrow Wilson.  As a result of this little endeavor, everyone now knows a bit more about each of the presidents, especially since they have been using the book, The Buck Stops Here: The Presidents of the United States, to make their chart.  A. won for the most presidents memorized, she could do the entire list with just a little help.  We will probably keep working on this the rest of the week.  Of course, it would probably be fair if I memorized the presidents as well...

Comments

Julia said…
This brought back memories. In 4th grade I memorized all the presidents in order. Sadly, there was no pie in it for me. Today, 20 years later, I can still recite them all (had to add a few, of course). This knowledge come in very handy. I've gotten trivia questions correct, and impressed friends---heck, maybe that's what my husband married me :)
MRK said…
Thanks for the book recommendation. I just put it in my shopping cart on Amazon so I can leave it on my 8 year old's pillow as a surprise. It is just the kind of thing that he will get into...wonder if you have ever tried the Brain Boxes by Mindware ? I had been thinking of getting one of the those at some point and heard that they were useful in homeschooling as well. Of course, I've got to spread out such purchases for budgetary reasons!

Megan

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain