Before Christmas I came across directions for turning a woman's turtleneck sweater into a cowl-neck baby dress. Because I was sewing pajamas during the entire month of December I didn't get a chance to try it until this past week. But I made up for lost time, not only did I make two dresses, but I turned some extra sweater bits into matching hats and embroidered snowflakes on them as well. (There is also a small purse, also with an embroidered snowflake that I'm going to finish and put in the shop, but it's not done yet.) I should have taken pictures of the sweaters before I cut them up, but let's just say they are in a much nicer form now. G. and L. wore them to church yesterday and when we came back home I tried to get some pictures of the girls wearing them. No mean feat, let me tell you. G. is in red and L. is in black. And I should have rolled L.'s sleeves back down, but didn't notice it until I was uploading these pictures. L.'s sleeves unrolled have a nice bell shape to them.