My new sewing area

See what J. built for me?  It's a new sewing table.  My old one was just a small folding sewing table that didn't really have enough room for all my machines and it was always a bit of a puzzle to figure out how to move them around so I could use both of them.  But now any longer.  Now I have a sewing table that both machines fit on and I can get the embroidery unit on and off my sewing machine without having to move the serger.  Plus, there are shelves underneath to keep the things I use all the time close at hand.  Bliss.  (Just pretend you don't notice the peeling, curling wallpaper in background, OK?


And not only do I have a new sewing table, I also have new shelves to store my extra sewing supplies so I don't have to have stuff piled on the sewing table.  That basket on the floor is my mending which I am working my way through.  It had kind of piled-up from when the babies were smaller.


Here's a picture of the entire corner.  I spent Saturday afternoon organizing and putting things in order on my new shelves and finally cutting up all the unwanted clothes I was keeping for fabric.  It is now all folded up and sorted and in a box under my bed as opposed to spilling out of a box all over my floor that I had to walk around.  The whole room looks just a bit more organized and might be the motivation I need to do something... anything... about its general ugliness.  J. and I really do have the ugliest usable room in the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach