Just out of curiosity

I'm wondering how many families in Illinois with more than the average number of children received a nice little notice from the state internal revenue service a while back stating that they were either denying part of your exemptions or looking for more information about the dependents you listed.  It seems that the state has decided not to believe that large families actually have the number of children they say they do, even though the children have social security numbers.  Just curious if this is wholesale or just the large families I know.  At this rate I'm going to have to make a new post category:  I heart Illinois.  Too bad there is not a 'facetious' emoticon to go with it.

Comments

sandwichinwi said…
Nice. Flat AND invasive.

Blessings,
Sandwich
That's crazy! ... and wrong!
MamaPPod said…
Oooh...don't make me start ranting again!! I tried to fax (my 25 page!!) tax return to the state, to prove that I really DO have 8 children, and can only get the machine to do 2 or 3 pages at a time. So I called to ask what page, specifically , I can send. Nope - must send the whole thing...but I CAN mail it (I have the privilege of mailing it). I said no, I shouldn't have to PAY to copy the 25 pages, then PAY to send the 25 pages, just because the state doesn't believe me.

Can you still mail things C.O.D.??

OK, rant over for now.

Patty

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach