Happy Birthday, TM!


TM turned 8 years old today.  I can't believe it, really.  Four years ago there were days where I couldn't imagine him being that old... mainly because I could only see what was right in front of me and it wasn't pretty.  As hard I as tried to imagine a time where our family would feel  'normal' again I couldn't do it.  But we all have come a long, long way since that time four years ago.  We are back to normal again (whatever that happens to be) and not only can I appreciate the present, I can imagine the future... one where my son grows up to be a responsible man.  I love him so much.  He is bright, funny, caring, and energetic.

The other day when he was sitting on my lap I was realizing how big he has gotten.  He hangs off in all directions and has lost that little-boy-look he used to have.  I was suddenly struck with how much I have missed of him.  Not only did I miss his baby and toddler years, I missed his preschool years as well.  I couldn't appreciate his small little boy-ness as both he and I deserved because we were fighting so hard to learn to love each other.  I know there is nothing I could have changed about those first months and years we had together, but I grieve their loss.

TM enjoyed his family party.  He ordered shrimp fried rice for dinner and chocolate mayonnaise cake with a chocolate glaze for dessert.  One of his favorite gifts was from his Grammy and Grandpa... an Erector set that comes with a motor.  Do they know their grandson well or what?  Look at that smile.

Happy Birthday, TM!  I love you.

Comments

Annette said…
Happy Birthday TM! I hope you had a super fun day!
asian~treasures said…
Happy Birthday, TM!! Hope if was more fun than you could imagine. : )
LawMommy said…
I always forget how close in age TM and Lana are. (Lana will be 8 on Friday.)

Happy Birthday TM!
sandwichinwi said…
Happy Birthday, TM! I didn't realize he was the same age as Banana Boy (whose little boyness I missed for all the same reasons as you and who, ditto, is growing into a wonderful, thoughtful, faith-filled young man, and who also hangs off my lap in all directions. I love how you put that!

Blessings,
Sandwich
Mary said…
Such a sweet post. Your son is very handsome, and I'm glad your family is back to 'normal'!

-Mary

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain