Painting

It's funny that I should have mentioned our nature journals and painting bag the other day, because suddenly everyone became interested in it again.  We discovered a long line of ants moving back and forth across our front porch.  At first I thought they were busy carrying food, so I looked closer wondering where this food was coming from.  (We've had a problem with ants in the kitchen over the past few days.)  When I looked closer I discovered it wasn't food they were carrying, but some sort of larvae.  Evidently they were moving an entire nest... to under our front porch, but we won't dwell on that right now.

Everyone became so interested in the ants that we decided to paint them.  Here are a few pictures from the afternoon:

A.



P.


TM and D.

B., who has my perfectionist tendencies and decided he needed to read a book about watercolor painting before he could begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach