Day of sewing

I've been doing a lot of sewing today...well, the last three days, actually. The first item I've finished is this skirt for A. A chose the pattern and the fabric. In case you can't tell from the picture, it's a black skirt with an embroidered design all over it. It is a faux suede, so feels very, um, suede-y. I had my doubts about it, but it was incredibly easy to work with. A. loves it and it definitely fits her personality.


The second thing I finished today (short of buttons which I still have to buy) is this dress for L. It's not really clear in the picture, but the skirt is made from 6 individual petal shapes. I have a second one in pink all cut-out for G.; I just need to make it. The dress also has a petal hat that goes with it. They are both cut-out, but I'm not sure I can get the hats made in time for Sunday.


I am also almost done with a new summer baby shoe, but that will have to wait to be finished until I get the babies' Easter dresses under control. Pictures will be forthcoming when they are done...and hopefully I can also share my big news on the sewing front at that point as well.

Back to the sewing machine...

Comments

The Coys said…
I love them! Beautiful fabric too!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain