God's provision

I am always a little hesitant to share with everyone how God provides for us. It always feels a bit as though I'm bragging...which is exactly opposite of how I feel, which is completely humbled. I never feel deserving of the riches showered on us. But, I know I am encouraged by other's stories of provision, so with that in mind I'll share our most recent ones.

We are planning a trip to drive to Arizona to visit my parents this spring. It has been four years since we were last there and we're quickly getting to a point that we can't be sure our older children will be able to join us on long family trips. (Sniff.) And while in the great scheme of vacations a driving trip to stay with one's parents isn't hugely expensive, there are still hotels, gas, and meals to pay for along the way. It was adding to my worry about money in general. But yesterday, one of TM and D's Sunday school teachers offered us her hotel points. Thanks to her, we have hotels for at least one direction paid for. It's a huge relief.

Then this morning, M.'s uncle called and offered her his frequent flyer miles to pay for her round trip ticket to Orlando. It is (of course) perfect timing because we should be buying her plane ticket very soon.

I wish I had some terrific story about how our property taxes have been miraculously paid for, but they are still a source of a certain amount of panic for me. The issue of the taxes has really been on the top of my prayer list. I am taking it as a hopeful sign that the Scripture text for yesterday's service started out with the line, "Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due;" (Romans 13:7). I almost laughed out loud. If God wants us to pay our taxes, surely He must help us find a way to do so.

On a completely unrelated note...I finished the dresses I was working on for the babies. And none too soon; I'm not sure they will fit them in another week. But since the fabric cost me a whopping 50 cents at a garage sale, I'm not going to get too upset. L. is in the polka dots and G. is in the solid.





Comments

Praise God!!! and I think he sends those little reminders to remind us that he's in the big and the little things! He's got a plan for the taxes too :)

The girls and their dresses are SO CUTE!!!
Just Mairs said…
Oh my goodness...they are so dang-blasted adorable! How in the world do you get sewing done, though?!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain